Sunday, January 12, 2014

Great First week back!


Hey Friends! Again, long time no post! haha. I have been really bad at it this year, but with all the changes that have gone on..I hope you can forgive me. :)

So last week was a busy one. I live in North Carolina, so we never get snow days, but on Tuesday it was bitter cold and we did get a 2 hour delay. Then when we went in that morning, the pipes weren't working, so we had to no water and had to do an emergency closing after 2 hours. :( Lucky parents were understanding and came to get their kids quickly. 
We also went to full day in kindergarten. At my school, parents have an option from August until after winter break to pick their child up from school at 2:00. Then in January, we went to the full day until 3:25. We start school at 8:30, so it's a long one for my little ones, but they have adjusted well. :)

We did some work with math stations this week. I tried something new and had them working in small groups. We do very well in reading workshops, and so I thought I would try math. Here's what they completed this week..
working on writing numbers neatly
roll and cover addition
addition with unifix cubes
All of the stations, except for writing I got from this little gem!
Winter Fun Kindergarten Centers (Common Core Aligned)
This packet is jam packed with centers and printables. I just love it!!

And finally, on a non-educated note...I finally got a shadow box together of our wedding mementos. I can't wait to hang it in our bedroom. :)

Alrighty, that's all for now. I hope you have a great week! The kids are off on Friday so we can get report cards done, and then we have off for MLK day. :) Happy Sunday!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment