Friday, June 14, 2013

The Days are Blurring Together

It's crazy that I'm on vacation, and I seem to be out of bed each day at 8! Well..I blame it on my future hubby who unfortunately still has to get up for work each day :/ 
Anyway, here I am! It's looking like it's going to be a great, sunny (and not too hot day) Yesterday was in the low 90's and I tried going down to the pool, but only made it to 45 min before I was trudging back to my A/C apt! Today it's only supposed to be in the low 80's so this girl is using that to her advantage!
We had a storm blow through early yesterday evening and I was freaking out that it was going to be a tornado! Here's a pic..
Scary stuff! But as quickly as it came in, it rolled out..we did get some awesome heat lighting late last night as well! 
The other thing I wanted to share is about a year and a half ago, I wrote an idea for Mailbox Magazine..well they finally published it and I got a complimentary copy! Happy Dance!


Well I got to meet up with some wonderful future staff of the new school I'll be at next year and met 2 of the 3 other Kindergarten teachers! :) They seem very nice! We are told the principal is big on centers for math and ELA. I've got to start putting some on my TPT wish list now!


****Help!*** If you are a kindergarten teacher, how do you do centers.. We are told about 4-5 only and I'm wondering how that plays out in an average week. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! :D Thanks guys and have a great Friday!! Whoo hoo!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting an idea published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a celebrity! We've had our share of those afternoon thunder storms lately! I guess that's just a part of living in the south! Enjoy your day!

    Karen

    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete