Thursday, November 8, 2012

Holiday Recipe Linky

As soon as it became November 1st, my mind was reeling with the Christmas season looming and all the goodies I'd like to make. My mom and I collect cookbooks like baseball cards and it's an addition with us! ;) There's so many things I want to make and those topped with foodgawker and pinterest and I don't think I would ever be able to make all the stuff I want. But I am excited to link up with First Grade and Fabulous' Holiday Recipe party!

 My favorite recipe is a Garlic Herb Braid my mom started making last year. It's a little time consuming, but holy cow is it wonderful. (and makes your house smell yummy as it bakes!)
Garlic-Herb Braid Recipe 

Garlic Herb Braid
Ingredients:
4-4 1/2 c flour                   3/4 t dried rosemary, crushed
3 T sugar                                        3/4 c 2% milk
2 pkg quick rise yeast                     1/2 c water
2 t dried basil                             1/4 c butter, cubed
1 3/4 t dill weed                              1 egg
1 1/2 t salt                                 1 T butter, melted
3/4 t garlic powder

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 c flour, sugar, yeast and seasonings. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water, and cubed butter to 120-130 degrees. Add to dry ingredients, beat just until moistened. Add egg, beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
Turn onto a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic; about 4-6 min. Cover and let rest for 10 min. 
Divide dough into thirds. Shape each into a 15" rope. Place ropes on a greased baking sheet and braid; pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Cover and let rest until doubled, about 25 min. Bake at 375 for 20-25 min or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment