Monday, March 25, 2013

Some Handwriting Stuff...and a Freebie!

Hello everyone! How was your Monday? Mine...not so great. The kids were awful today. :( Not listening at all, and we couldn't go out because it rained all weekend and it was very windy and cold. I just keep telling myself, 3 more days and then Friday starts break! Whoo hoo!

So I know I've mentioned this a few times, and today I want to share with you my writing packet. I couldn't find one the really fit what I wanted, so I tried my hand and made some pages of my own. We don't have an actual handwriting curriculum or time set aside to practice letters and let me tell you, their writing is not so good...so every Monday, Tues and Thursday before writer's workshop, I planned about 10 minutes to just sit and practice letter formation. That's where this little packet comes in..
There are about 27 pages or so and each one, the kids must write day and month as well as some first grade sight words, a sentence and some vocabulary. I tried to make it spring themed. There is also a page that goes over how handwriting should look. It's at my TPT store now for $3.00 (and on sale for the next 24 hours!), but I'm letting you try it out and have a 1 page freebie for you! Just click on the picture. :) 
 
Also, to go along with our packet, I made monSTAR writing posters which review the skills on the page in their books. You can snag them for free! :)
 Well I am pretty tired, so I'm gonna catch up with some reading while the house is still quiet. :) Have a good Monday night!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the handwriting pages! It's so nice to find another NC blogger. Where in NC are you? I am in Monroe- near Charlotte. I am so glad you left me a comment so that I could find your cute blog! Are you teaching 1st?

    ReplyDelete