Saturday, May 26, 2012

Professional Portfolio

Hey friends!

I just wanted to share my pics of my portfolio. I revamped it last night because we stayed in so while Steve worked on his computer, I worked on my stuff. (I just want to say, the way they tell you to set it up in college is not the way principals really wanna see it!) I took out all the junk and excess and put in more pics of actual evidence. Basically I divided it into 5 categories that are important to me and every teacher. I'm pleased with it and it much more simplified so no more embarrassing shuffling through pages of junk. 

I also wanted to share that I have two interviews coming up!!! (happy dance, happy dance) One is a charter school in Parma and the other (the one I've been dreaming of having) is a second grade position near columbus in a cute little ol' town and in a rural area. I know people give me this weird look when I say I want to live in a small country town, but I grew up  in the suburbs and I think in a past life I was a farmer's wife! haha. So I'm reeallllyyyy excited (about both) but this one more! I am preparing a smaller portfolio geared just toward the district so it's more personalized. Wish me luck! Not sure when the appointment will be, but the charter school one is on June 5th. (oh, and that is for K or 1) Ok, here's my pics and have a fantastic weekend!!





1 comment:

  1. Do you have tabs? Even if you just stick on the nice Post-It ones, I would suggest some! I especially found mine useful in an interview. They would say things like, "When I walk into your classroom, what would I see?" and I could flip right to the pictures or things I wanted to show.

    I think it looks great, though!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete