Sunday, September 28, 2014

Busy Times (and a noun freebie)

Good Morning and Happy Sunday!
I'm not going to lie, this has been an exhausting year so far. I have a very difficult class and behavior problems are evident almost each day. I have finally had to crack down last week and the student's are doing a little better, so hopefully it can go up from here. 
I find myself thinking at least once a week of a different career opportunity. Teaching is so hard sometimes. :( This is my 4th year and it's rough sailing, I still feel at times like I am just treading water but not fully getting the hang of it. And then also with trying to start a family, there's just A LOT going on. 

Anyway, I wanted to give you a peek at some of the things we've been up to and give you a noun freebie.
We've learned about apples and investigated their characteristics

We started a unit on forces and motion, and drew a path, they blew a seed to try and keep it on the path

I am starting Lori's interactive notebooks for center time (see more info below)

Our home-school projects for the month of September
So my center time has been a little bumpy and I just did an overhaul this week. Now, they are in partners, instead of groups of 4 and have an independnet activitiy to do at their desks before they can start their centers. It went much better this week (the noise level before was out of control)

I purchased Lori Rosenberg's Interactive Grammar notebooks and have decided to use a page a day as part of their independent work. I really like them and will probably also purchase her phonics one.
First Grade Grammar Interactive Notebook
For one of my tub activities in literacy centers this week, we are going to review nouns. The student's will do a noun sort, and then complete a noun drawing activity. I plan on putting these in page protectors to save on copies. Feel free to click the pic if you would like a copy as well!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2yUhz0HMKQnVGtDLXN2U2NDZzg/edit?usp=sharing
That's all I've got for now! I'm excited for this week ahead, I've got CHAMPS training on Thursday and then we have an early release day on Friday! :) Have a nice week friends!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment