Sunday, June 30, 2013

Currently + Look what I made!

Hey sweet friends! I am linking up with Farley for her monthly linky party! Whoo Hoo! It's almost July! One of my favorite months both for 4th of July, and my birthday July 25th! :)


**It always seems when I'm blogging, I'm not listening to anything. haha! Sometimes it seems the music or background noise distracts me. 
**As you know, I am home in Ohio, visiting family. I leave on Tuesday. It went so fast...but I've gotten a ton of wedding stuff accomplished...which leaves me to...

Most of my currentlys have been wedding related in some way. I apologize. haha. We are just about down to the 3 month mark! It has gone soo fast! Being home, I have been able to meet with our florist, check up with the hall and I am now in the midst of trying to find a white dress for our shower September 1st. 
**Once I get home, it's going to be packing crazy. We're moving up to Greensboro from Asheboro to new apartments and I am soo excited! I love the new complex :)
**My tip would be to join linky parties such as this! They are a lot of fun to do and you meet great people :) It's a nice networking thing and way to show a little about yourself! ;)

And now, I wanted to show you pictures of our card box..I worked on this for 3 hours last night, but finally got it done! Yay! Next thing to check off the list ;) How do you like it!?
I started with some paper mache boxes

I had to cut holes in the middle to hold all the cards and I also hot glues the lids to the boxes 


I spray painted the boxes and added lace and ribbon then made holes for the ivory roses and hot glued those

close up of pretty vintage brooch I found

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog! Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Advice, that I'm sure you've heard, enjoy your day!! All the planning that you've done is just for that one day and it will be over before you know it!

    I like your card box, too!! We bought a mailbox and had an L painted on it for our last name. We now use that mailbox at our house!! ;)

    Amber
    Creative Ideas for the Upper Elementary Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute box!
    Congrats on the wedding and best of luck!!!

    I really enjoyed reading your currently.

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete