Wednesday, January 2, 2013

First Day Back and a Freebie!

Hello everyone! To my bloggy friends that went back to school today, like I did, hope it was a good day for you and for those that get the week off, well you're lucky and I so envy you! Enjoy it!

Today was a very good day. I was expecting the kids to be all hyped up, but they were very calm and attentive. Maybe we can take a week long break every month? haha. My co-teacher is sick with an upper resp infection and our copier wasn't working this morning, so I winged some of today, but it went well. 
My principal wants us to really work on ending class a little early so we can wrap up the day and talk about what we learned. I decided to do that today and man did I love it! It was a calming 5 minutes before the bell and I think it will be our new routine. Today I just wrote the kiddos' responses on the white board, but starting next week, I plan on having them write their sentences on paper that will be sent home for parent's review nightly. I whipped up a quick sheet to use and it's free if you'd like a copy! 

Finally, I see that I have 199 followers!! (squeal) I'm putting something fabulous together for the big 2-0-0! Stay tuned :)
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm your newest follower! Love the blog!

    I'm glad your first day back went well. I go back tomorrow and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the kiddos are still in a winter break daze. We have a couple district wide assessments coming up in the next weeks so it is review and review and review some more for us.

    Love the freebie! Thanks for sharing such a great idea!

    Keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good first day back. Thanks for stopping by my blog so that I could come over and check out your cute blog. I'm happy to be your newest follower!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete