Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Dreaded Bathroom Breaks

hey everyone! I am (gasp) blogging twice today, but it's just been that kind of day where I need your help. I'm sitting here going through the behavior linky party that was hosted by what the teacher wants a few months back (and getting some great ideas by the way) and I haven't seen any posts for behavior in the bathroom.

Oh friends, it is getting really bad. :( I am embarrassed at times to see our first graders being so loud. It's gotten to the point to where we're having one teacher stand at the entrance to the girls room and one at the boys room AND our assistant watching those in the hall. This is ridiculous because I know there are districts with 20+ kids and no assistants like we have in North Carolina. So the question is...what do you do for bathroom behavior?? I really need ours to change and ASAP. Please help me out.
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! We have the same problems! Plus someone who is spreading poop all over the wall! Students now use the buddy system when they go to the bathroom and another class has made reminder posters and put them up in all the bathrooms.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe try rewarding the kids that are doing the right thing? Or try a class reward for when everyone meets your expectations? Hope it helps!
    Liz
    Teaching in the Valley

    ReplyDelete