Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Whatcha Cookin'?

Hey everyone! Yay for Wednesday. We are halfway through the week. I must say, the first half zoomed by for me. How about you?! And the best thing about today was we got our lesson plans done a day early..wahoo! :) Tonight, I got to come home to a lovely small of beef stew cooking and my fiance said he had tried some bites and it was delicious. (this was the first recipe I've made with a crock pot) Here's a pic and I've got the recipe below if you'd like to try it! I can't wait to dig in! :)

Crock Pot Beef Stew

Ingredients:
1 pkg baby carrots                                                                   1 t paprika
3 potatoes, chopped                                                                 1 onion, diced
2 lbs pre-cut stew meat                                                             1 rib celery, cut up
1 c beef broth                                                                            1 c frozen green beans
1 t Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced (I used the jarred garlic)
1 bay leaf
1 T salt
1/2 t pepper

Directions: Put all ingredients into crock pot in order listed. Stir just enough to mix spices. Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or high 5-6.

* note: you might want to use a little less salt, it is on the salty side. Also recipe does not have serving size, but I would say it would probably serve 6-8. :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment