Friday, March 9, 2012

gummy addition and wedding update :)

Happy Friday!

I wanted to post last  night but my mom and I went to a bridal show and I was too tired once I finally got home. Yesterday my kindergartners practiced addition using gummy bears. I thought it would be more fun than just doing worksheets and sometimes they get upset when I pull them because it's during their center time so this gave them a little extra motivation! ;)
Before the lesson, I created 8 stories on my touch screen and then we went through each slide and acted out the story using our bears. Once they were done, they were allowed to eat the treats and we did a follow up worksheet. Overall, good lesson!




On another note, I'm really excited because tomorrow my fiance, mom and I are going to look at 2 halls. (we need to get the ball rolling on booking the ceremony and reception venues) I'm anxious to get in and talk with people. I'm also debating on where to get married. My fiance and I are catholic but we don't practice that much anymore and even though I'd like to get married in a catholic church, I know he doesn't really want to so I found this church in a suburb near us that's really pretty inside and could be a contender. I'll letcha know! Below are two pics of the church. Pretty huh?


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that I found your blog! There are not very many multi-age blogs out there and I teach K-4. I'm a new follower! Come by for a visit sometime :)

    ✿   Kaleigh's Klassroom

    ReplyDelete