Monday, January 30, 2012

Tag!! :)

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! I sure did. I had a lot of fun in Pittsburgh and more wedding talk with the bf. :) He hasn't got the ring totally paid off yet, lol, but we are talking financials and perhaps a date? I love the fall so if we check our budget, we're looking at October 12, 2013. I like the ring the numbers have to it! :) We'll see I'll keep ya posted.

On the blogging front, I got tagged by Loving and Learning in Pre-K so I'm gonna complete the fun little game...
Alright, so here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
 
Fun Facts
1. I love fall!
2. I want to live in a rural area..maybe KY soo bad.
3. I'm a cat lover.
4. My favorite color is pink.
5. I still love to color! (it relaxes me)
6. My lucky number is 9.
7. My favorite dinner is tacos.
8. My birthday is July 25th
9. I've traveled to Italy.
10. My favorite disney movie is Beauty and the Beast (yes, I did recently see the 3d version and it was aawesome)
11. My favorte disney character is Goofy.
12. I have a little sister who is 19 and a pain in the butt, lol.
 
Julia's Questions..
1. What is your favorite subject to teach? language arts
2. Do you have a SmartBoard in your classroom? No, but I have a touch screen computer
3. How often do you use songs in your class? I would say maybe a couple times a month.
4. Are you married/single/engaged/etc.? in a relationship
5. What type of music do you listen to? country
6. How long have you been teaching? almost 1 year..newbie! :)
7. What is your New Year's resolution? do more exercising
8. If you weren't teaching, what would you be doing? hmmm..probably nursing
9. If you create your own materials for TPT or TN, where do you get your inspiration from? other fellow teachers and sometimes The Mailbox books
10. What is your favorite TV show? The New Girl
11. Do you have any pets? No, I used to have two cats, but had to give them up when I moved. :(
12. What is your favorite recipe website? themixingbowl.com or tasteofhome.com
 
Tagged Bloggers:
 
My Questions to you guys...
1. How long have you been teaching?
2. What is your favorite color?
3. What is your teaching style?
4. Name one best blog you frequent often.
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. Where do you shop to find teacher deals and supplies?
7. Is your classroom themed or do you change it for the seasons?
8. How do you like your students grouped? (rows, clusters, etc)
9. What is one classroom rule you think is most important?
10. What do you do to relax and de-stress?
11. What is your favorite dessert?
12. How long have you been blogging?

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'll give this a shot:

    12 Fun Facts -

    1. I'm a keen fan of pop music.
    2. I'm 6'5'', so when people walk into the room, they kinda freak out.
    3. I love helping people!
    4. I'm the first child in my immediate family to go to University.
    5. Maths is my favourite subject.
    6. I'd love to end up teaching someday, but beforehand, I'd like to really challenge myself, and do something really difficult, like actuarial studies.
    7. My favourite food is pasta.
    8. My favourite season is winter. :)
    9. I've never seen snow in my life.
    10. My favourite TV show is House.
    11. My lucky number is 7.
    12. My favourite day of the week is Tuesday.

    Your 12 questions.
    1. I haven't got a job as a teacher, but I tutor some students. I started in my final year of high school, and this is now my third year.
    2. My favourite colour is red.
    3. I tend to let the students define the teaching style - If they don't want to learn, and aren't willing to try, then you can't really do much. Positive reinforcement really helps, I've found.
    4.I'd have to say my own, I haven't really had the chance to circulate around blogs. (www.mathematicalmischief.wordpress.com)
    5. My favourite movie (by far) is Lost in Space. I read the book first, absolutely incredible book, then saw the movie. :)
    6. I shop for my tutoring supplies where I can find them, generally at Officeworks and Big W.
    7. The room that I tutor in isn't really themed, but we all encourage each other to help one another out.
    8. Personally, when I'm tutoring a bunch of students, I like to have them bunched in a big circle, so everyone can see everyone else in the group.
    9. Everyone should be able to feel respected and equal to everyone else in the classroom.
    10. I blog to de-stress. I'm also a fan of reading, and the odd bit of writing.
    11. My favourite dessert is icecream, :)
    12. I've been blogging for nearly 3 years, now, but I only started my most recent blog up last month.

    ReplyDelete