Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Direction Rap and scary weather

Hey all! So the weather this afternoon is crazy and a little scary. We are getting two fronts moving in and the temperatures are just clashing. Today it was in the 50's and tomorrow it'll be in the 20's yay! But it's making the wind speeds go nuts and looking out my window now, it looks like a tornado! 
I wanted to share something with you. It's not really math related, more social studies, but it's a rap song I made up when I was student teaching to teach the kids the directions. I've included a copy for you so I hope you like it. The students really liked singing it over and over again and pretending they were rappers! :) I think it really helped them catch on to the 4 directions! Click on the rap to download!
I also wanted to post these pics of my room/office because I said I would when I posted my day in shoes linky party. I'm sure you can see from the pics, my room is not big at all. It's cozy and just enough space for a kidney table, my desk, a whiteboard and my favorite, a touchscreen computer which we use as a small smart board for lessons. :)




2 comments:

  1. I love the rap. Thanks for following my blog. I am your newest follower, too!
    Pitner's Potpourri 

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're comin along great Sar!  Very proud to see that you're as enthusiastic as a teacher should be!!  Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete